Director of Production
IF YOU -
- have a passion for the arts
- have an enthusiastic, professional attitude
- are a team player
- believe quality really does matter
- are creative and self-motivated
- can communicate effectively
- we want you!
Please state which position you are interested in. All resumes will be kept for a maximum of three (3) months. Only those we are interested in interviewing will be contacted. All submissions are strictly confidential.
For further questions regarding employment opportunities at the Stratford Festival please contact Nancy Altenburg Human Resources and Volunteers Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stratford Festival is a repertory theatre company, permanently located in Stratford, Ontario, Canada. With William Shakespeare as its foundation, the Festival aims to set the standard for classical theatre in North America. We present an annual season of approximately 12 new productions, ranging from Shakespeare and other classics to Broadway musicals and premières of new work. Our season runs from April through October, with a company of more than 100 actors, who perform in repertory in four venues. With a budget of $55 million, the Stratford Festival is a national institution of international renown, and the second-largest theatre company in North America, entertaining more than half a million people each year. more...
We attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists, and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the senior role of...
Director of Production
Reporting jointly to the Artistic and Executive Directors, this position will oversee the production, build and running of all aspects of the Festival’s annual season. As a senior management member of the Stratford Festival, the Director of Production will be responsible to:
• Set and monitor the approximately $20M budget for all production departments including appropriate forecasting, maximizing efficiencies and controlling costs
• Oversee the safe and efficient construction of all production elements in our various construction shops, including design, scenery, automation and special effects, props, wardrobe and wigs
• Oversee the creative, technical, and practical aspects of all production running elements, including stage management, technical crews, and wardrobe and wig attendants
• Through a series of direct and indirect reports, manage a staff of approximately 400 unionized and non union personnel
• Act as the primary management liaison with the production locals of IATSE, including the negotiation and administration of the collective agreements
The successful candidate will be a seasoned theatre production director with strong leadership skills, a formal education in theatre management (or equivalent professional experience), and a demonstrated ability to implement change. Experience in a repertory theatre is considered a strong asset. You must have a demonstrated commitment to excellence, be detail-oriented, and be able to juggle multiple priorities. Strong negotiation skills are essential.
We recognize that diversity - in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages - fosters a rich and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply by May 4, 2014 to:
(please indicate “Director of Production” in the subject line)
While all responses are appreciated and will be kept in strictest confidence, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants are encouraged to explore our website at www.stratfordfestival.ca