A visit to the Stratford Festival has always provided an opportunity to gather and celebrate the best of live theatre. During the current pandemic, this commitment to a common, engaging experience has not changed – but doing so safely requires careful attention to important health and safety measures.
In keeping with the wishes of the vast majority of audience members, we will be requiring that masks be worn in our theatres and during performances until June 21, at
which point we will revisit our masking policy. With that in mind and like many other performing arts venues, we will no longer be checking proof of vaccination at the door after April 30. For specific proof of vaccination requirements up to April 30, please read below. Our staff remain fully vaccinated.
Stratford Festival Proof of Vaccination Requirements
To attend a Stratford Festival production where a proof of
vaccination requirement is in place (currently through the month of April and
any reduced capacity performance in 2022), the following requirements will
- Patrons must be fully vaccinated (full series of vaccinations received at least
14 days prior to visit), have an active medical exemption, or have proof of
participation in a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
This policy applies to anyone attending aged 12 and older
- All guests must provide ID that matches the name and date of birth on the proof
of vaccine and this ID must be government issued or issued by an
- Additional information regarding health Canada approved vaccines can be found
- International visitors should provide the same documentation used to
Beginning May 1, proof of
vaccination will only be required at reduced capacity performances.
Please note that we will not be requiring proof of vaccination to enter temporarily to use a washroom, make a retail purchase, pick up or pay for tickets, or for health and safety reasons.
WHEN WE WELCOME YOU BACK TO OUR VENUES, OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY INCLUDES:
- Face coverings worn by all staff and required by all patrons when entering our buildings as per guidance from local health authorities.
- Enhanced cleaning/disinfecting of all our guest and staff areas.
- Sanitation stations at all venues.
- Plexiglas barriers installed where physical distancing is more difficult to maintain.
- Touchless/automatic faucets and doors wherever possible, and regular sanitizing of high-touch surfaces throughout the theatre facilities.
- Pre-ordered food and beverage service available for physically distanced pickup.
- Consumption of food and beverages restricted to our lobby areas only for the duration of the mask-mandate.
- Exchange fees waived for all cases of illness.
To support our ability
to keep you safe, please ensure we have a valid email address on file so that we can keep you informed as our protocols evolve in
response to guidance from public health authorities.
We look forward to celebrating the best of live theatre together. Thanks for supporting our efforts to keep guests, performers and staff safe at all times.
Stratford Festival has been awarded a #SafeTravels Stamp, which is recognized
globally, for adopting proper, standardized health and hygiene