A visit to the Stratford Festival has always provided an opportunity to gather and celebrate the best of live theatre. During the current pandemic, this commitment to a common, engaging experience has not changed – but doing so safely requires careful attention to important health and safety measures.
We strongly recommend that masks be worn in our venues. As our
theatres place the audience so close to the action on stage, masking helps
protect not only audience members but also the actors, who cannot wear masks
when performing. By keeping them safe, we all can help prevent COVID-related
At this time, food and beverages are not allowed in the
auditoriums but can be enjoyed in the lobbies or outside.
Our onsite staff are fully vaccinated and will continue to wear
masks. They can also provide you with a disposable mask should you forget your
For those who wish them, we offer a number of reduced capacity
performances, which observe additional safety measures as noted below.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY INCLUDES:
are required for staff and strongly recommended for all patrons inside our
- Enhanced cleaning/disinfecting of all our guest and staff areas.
- Sanitation stations at all venues.
- Touchless/automatic faucets and doors wherever possible, and regular sanitizing of high-touch surfaces throughout the theatre facilities.
- Consumption of food and beverages restricted to our lobby areas.
- Exchange fees waived for all cases of illness.
REDUCED CAPACITY PERFORMANCES
Those seeking additional measures may wish to attend a Reduced Capacity Performance at the Stratford Festival, where proof of vaccination is required, in addition to masking and physical distancing.
- Patrons must be fully vaccinated (full series of vaccinations received at least 14 days prior to visit).
- All guests must provide ID that matches the name and date of birth on the proof of vaccine and this ID must be government issued or issued by an institution/public organization
- Additional information regarding health Canada approved vaccines can be found
To support our ability
to keep you safe, please ensure we have a valid email address on file so that we can keep you informed as our protocols evolve.
We look forward to celebrating the best of live theatre together. Thanks for supporting our efforts to keep guests, performers and staff safe at all times.
Stratford Festival has been awarded a #SafeTravels Stamp, which is recognized
globally, for adopting proper, standardized health and hygiene