Create and Connect - Ages 12-16
Please note that this program is offered at no cost to participants to promote inclusion for families and young people who may not be able to access arts and leadership programming otherwise.
Delivered in partnership with DAREarts, our new Create and Connect program invites participants ages 12-16 from the GTA, the City of Stratford and Perth County to explore the world of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night together as their own online theatre company, discovering many elements of theatre through hands-on arts experiences guided by professional teaching artists from both DAREarts and the Stratford Festival.
Topics explored will include: connecting Shakespeare to our lives today, the many layers of theatre that go beyond acting on stage (such as set design, costuming, writing, etc.) and how we can build connections to ourselves and each other along the way.
Monday to Friday, July 19-30, 2021 (10:30 a.m.- noon)
The program is offered free-of-charge to all participants.
Bonus: all participants will receive a free supply kit!
Participants will participate virtually via Zoom and, as such, will require:
- A computer or tablet able to run a recent version of a web browser such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
- A reliable high-speed internet connection.
- A webcam (internal or external), digital camera, or similar device, to stream video.
- A microphone (internal or external) plus speakers or headphones.
- Minimum floor space at home of approx. 8' x 8' in which to move.
Registration is required and spaces are limited - APPLY NOW!
Questions? Email email@example.com